StarPoint’s Multifamily Division focuses on the acquisition and redevelopment of properties in select sub-markets that demonstrate strong macroeconomic fundamentals. StarPoint carefully identifies each strategic sub-market through its proprietary analysis of various macroeconomic metrics and drivers in order to deliver above market returns. StarPoint’s multifamily portfolio has continually provided exceptional returns to our investors.
Our in-house construction capability enables us to complete renovation projects at substantially lower costs than many other companies in our market. We have a thorough understanding of tenant needs and expectations due to our detailed market research and vast experience. We apply our insights in providing services and making improvements that are not only cost effective and generate the highest ROI, but also provide the most value to our tenants.
Our firm’s expertise and niche is acquiring under-valued and mismanaged assets and dramatically increasing the value of these properties through repositioning, strategic leasing, rehabilitation and professional management. As a fully integrated company, we manage the entire investment process including: underwriting, acquisition, financing, construction/rehabilitation and property management.
StarPoint’s focus in its multi-family division couples its strategic geographic selection with the acquisition of value-add assets and combines them with a solid operational model to deliver market leading returns. Our investment philosophy has been shaped over multiple market cycles and we employ cycle theory to the timing of our investments. StarPoint’s proven multi-family investment philosophy and process is based on four key principles: Product, Markets, Discipline, and Value Creation.
- Product – Focus on value add product in geographies that show specific fundamentals that will drive demand and rental growth. Leverage our experience and core competencies to ensure we execute at a high level.
- Markets – We evaluate markets on an annual basis and monitor at over 20 metrics that have proven to be drivers in the multi-family space.
- Discipline – We use industry-leading and proprietary systems to evaluate opportunities, typically analyzing several hundred deals before selecting one to purchase. We believe real estate to be a cyclical business requiring proper cycle theory and methodologies to mitigate risk and enhance long-term yields.
- Value Creation –The creation of value is a multifaceted and continuous process. Sophistication in the following areas are a tenet to the success of the business: operations, investment strategy, risk management, deep networks, construction execution, financial analysis, and information technology.
- Value-add opportunities through development, renovation, repositioning, owner mismanagement, operational inefficiencies and geographic synergy.
- Opportunistic investments which are typically more capital intensive than value-add, but with higher projected returns.
- Market targeting and arbitrage where we believe there are inefficiencies or catalyst in the market and the pricing does not truly reflect market or potential market fundamentals. Deep market analysis, timing and selection is done semi-annually.
- Cycle theory and discipline
- Off-market transactions sourced through our extensive broker network to find investment opportunities that may not always be known to the general investment community.
- Utilize tax advantages unique to real estate to help maximize returns for our investors.
- Target Markets: California, Washington State, Colorado, Florida, and Texas.
- Transaction Size: $5m– $100m
- Transaction Type: Value-add & Opportunistic.