StarPoint Properties is a real estate investment and operating company with a 25 year track record of delivering outstanding and above market returns to its investors by focusing on the acquisition, development and redevelopment of under-valued multifamily and commercial properties. The primary goal of the firm is to deliver asymmetrical returns vs risk and to outperform most other alternative investment vehicles, which the firm has done during its entire history.
The firm’s success comes from leveraging: seasoned management team, proprietary underwriting systems, decades of developed infrastructure and sourcing the right strategic assets through its deep acquisition network.
The firm believes that real estate should not be a speculative investment. It is an operating business that requires operating sophistication coupled with an intelligent and disciplined acquisition strategy. In this pursuit, we have developed a vertically integrated operating business that allows us to control and master the core drivers of the business enabling us to execute at a high level, control risks and deliver results.
StarPoint employs a collaborative and multi-disciplined approach to investment execution. Our investment philosophy has been shaped over multiple market cycles as we maintain an acute awareness of each asset class’ vulnerabilities and limitations during periods of slow growth or adverse conditions, as well as its potential under improving economic conditions. StarPoint’s proven investment philosophy and process is based on four key principles: management, focus, discipline and value creation.
- Management – Hire and keep real estate executives who have proven expertise in their discipline. Build a neural network of real estate minds that collaborate to deliver results and demand performance and execution at all levels of management. Only keep and promote the best.
- Product – Focus on a limited number of product types and build experience and core competencies that allow us to execute at a high level.
- Markets – Focus on strategic markets and constantly reassess those which meet our investment criteria and demonstrate the proper fundamentals that can deliver results.
- Discipline – We use industry-leading and proprietary systems evaluate opportunities, typically analyzing several hundred deals before selecting one to purchase. We believe real estate to be a cyclical business requiring proper cycle theory and methodologies to mitigate risk and enhance long-term yields.
- Value Creation – The creation of value is a multi-faceted and continuous process. Sophistication in the following areas are a tenet to the success of the business: operations, investment strategy, risk management, deep networks, construction execution, financial analysis, and information technology.
- Value-add opportunities through development, renovation, repositioning, owner mismanagement, operational inefficiencies and geographic synergy.
- Opportunistic investments which are typically more capital intensive than value-add, but with higher projected returns.
- Market targeting and arbitrage where we believe there are inefficiencies or catalyst in the market and the pricing does not truly reflect market or potential market fundamentals. Deep market analysis, timing and selection is done semi-annually.
- Cycle theory and discipline.
- Off-market transactions sourced through our extensive broker network to find investment opportunities that may not always be known to the general investment community.
- Utilize tax advantages unique to real estate to help maximize returns for our investors.